Landlord accreditation scheme terms of reference
Introduction and aims of the scheme
We recognise the positive contribution of the Private Rented Sector (PRS) and wish to coordinate and extend the support we provide to Accredited Landlords in the provision of professionally managed high quality rental accommodation.
Aims of the scheme are to:
- commit to partnership working
- encourage, acknowledge, raise awareness of and actively promote good standards and management practices in the PRS, and to assist landlords and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other
- support landlords to increase the supply of good quality accommodation in the area, while reducing the number of empty, unused properties within the Borough
- provide opportunities for partnership working, training, business development and networking
- increase the percentage of decent homes in the Borough
- enable tenants to obtain information about, and access to, better quality accommodation
This document provides you with direction and guidance to find detailed information on various topics in a format that we hope is easy to refer back to as and when queries arise. The information is consistent with current legislation and as agreed with landlords and other stakeholders involved in the development of the scheme, does not set property standards over and above statutory requirements.
Landlords who are welcomed onto the scheme are expected to commit to these Terms of Reference so please read through the information and keep this document for reference or contact the Private Sector Housing Accreditation Officer (PSHAO) with any queries.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member and confirming your access to all the membership benefits.
Benefits of membership
- free property advertising and tenant shortlisting
- member's tenants have access to the Bond Guarantee Scheme
- discounts on HMO property licence fees
- quick access to advice and assistance from housing professionals
- the right to display the accreditation logo on your company stationery and letterheads
- opportunities for partnership working
- special invitations to landlords' forums
- provision of appropriate forms, including tenancy agreements
- Certificate of Accreditation and the recognition that accreditation brings