Bin collection days and garden waste
Search for your address to find your collection day.
This facility is for residential waste collection days only.
Your waste bin is collected weekly on a selected day. Collections take place from Tuesday through to Friday. There are no changes following Bank Holiday Mondays.
Your recycling is collected every two weeks on the same day your normal bin is collected.
Wheeled bins must be at the kerbside before 7am on the morning of collection. Remove them as soon as you can once they have been emptied, so that they don't cause any obstructions. We will only collect 1 bin per property, any additional bins may be removed.
Garden waste collections run between Tuesday 9 April (red week) until week commencing Tuesday 29 October (blue week). Last collection date is Friday 1 November. It is a fortnightly collection.
If you put your green waste out for collection in reusable bags they will be returned to you. If you use plastic carrier bags or bin liners they will not be returned.
Garden waste bags
Garden waste bags from Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council can only be purchased online.
Garden waste bags can be collected from one of the following libraries:
- Stockton Central Library, Stockton Town Centre, TS18 1TU
- Thornaby Central Library, Thornaby Town Centre, TS17 9EP
- Billingham Library, Billingham Town Centre, TS23 2LN
Purchasing garden waste bags from Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is not essential. You can use your own garden waste containers, providing the garden waste inside is clearly visible.
Help putting your bins out for collection
We provide a free assisted collection service for residential properties within the Stockton-on-Tees area.
You can request this service if:
- you find it difficult to move your bins, bags and boxes to the boundary of your property
- you do not have anyone living in your home to help you
If you have an assisted collection, we will collect and empty your bins, bags and boxes, then return them to where you left them.
You will need to support your request with the reason why you need an assisted collection. The reason could be because:
- there is no able bodied person living at your address
- you are reliant on a carer, who does not live at your address
- you have a permanent disability
- you require short term assistance, due to an injury or operation
For further information call the Care for your Area team on 01642 391959 or email email@example.com.