Haverton Hill household waste recycling centre
Book a slot
To be able to access the Household Waste and Recycling Centre you must book a slot.
Apply for a permit
We have introduced a new way to apply for a permit to take household waste in a van, pick up or trailer to Haverton Hill Recycling Centre.
All you need is a mobile phone, some photo ID and proof of address.
- text 'Waste' to this number 07723 466991.
- follow the instructions that are sent to you, including following the link to our online booking system to reserve your slot.
- once complete you can make 12 non-chargeable visits a year by booking a slot using our online booking form
- each time you visit the site you will need to take your driving licence (or other photo identification) and proof of Stockton address with you. You will also need to tell us your mobile number used to register.
- once registration is complete you can also see other waste related information, like opening times and bin collection dates.
- access to the site remains at the discretion of Site Operatives. You should review the 'site usage guidelines' below ahead of your visit. You can still be refused access even if you have a permit.
Recyclable waste you can take to Haverton Hill
- electrical items
- food tins and cans
- garden waste
- gas bottles
- glass, hardcore and rubble
- hard plastic books
- IT equipment
- mobile phones
- plastic bottles
- printer and toner cartridges
- scrap metal
- shoes, textiles and clothes
- wood and timber
Request a permit for vans or pick ups
You need a site permit if you want to bring a van or pick up to the site. The site is not open to commercial vehicles or traders.
If you are taking any of the following items a charge of £20.00 per permit is required:
- brick and rubble
- bathroom suites
- kitchen units
- stone and paving
Site usage guidelines
Be aware that:
- you will only be permitted access to the site with a valid slot booking.
- all vans and trailers need a permit before entering the site.
- if you intend to borrow or hire a van or pickup then you should apply using your home address. If you are not driving the vehicle you must accompany the driver to the site.
- we carry out random proof of resident checks.
- abusive behaviour will not be tolerated on site. You will be asked to leave and may face further action.
- the site is not open to commercial vehicles or traders. It is against the law for businesses not to make suitable arrangements with a licensed waste disposal company. If you are suspected of having trade waste you will be asked to leave regardless of whether you have a permit.
Haverton Hill Road
• Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 8am to 6pm
The site closes at 4pm on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
The site is closed on Christmas Day (25 December), Boxing Day (26 December) and New Year's Day (1 January).