At Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council we recognise that Apprenticeships help us identify new talent, build new skills in our workforce, increase diversity in the workplace and help us to deliver our ambitious plans. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a real difference we would welcome an application from you.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship allows you to combine work and study by mixing on-the-job training with academic learning. You will be employed to do a real job, gain valuable work experience that will give you the confidence in the world of work whilst earning a real wage and studying for a formal qualification.
What we offer our Apprentices
We have an excellent history of delivering successful apprenticeships and many of our apprenticeship have gone on to secure permanent roles within the Council.
We will provide you with:
- A fixed term contract to enable completion of your apprenticeship qualification
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days annual leave per year PLUS bank holidays (pro-rata for part time apprentices)
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including free access to physiotherapy and counselling services, discounted gym membership, and much more
- Continuous support from your manager and training provider
- A dedicated mentor who will help you flourish in your chosen career
- An annual wage paid at the end of each month, above the national apprenticeship rate of pay.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want a rewarding career and a chance to support the people of our borough. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real difference and to follow a stimulating and rewarding career then an SBC Apprenticeship could be just the thing for you.
We expect our apprentices to be committed towards their own learning and personal development and to be diligent with their training towards the achievement of their qualification. It will be hard work but in return we offer a supportive environment where we encourage you to reach your full potential.
What Apprenticeships are available now?
All of the Council’s job vacancies including our apprenticeship opportunities are advertised on the Council’s job vacancies page.
For further information regarding apprenticeship opportunities at Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council contact the Human Resources team on 01642 528277 or email [email protected].