Toggle menu

Regularisation and reversion application guidance notes

Full Plans are required:

  • where it is proposed to erect a building or extension, or where the carrying out of underpinning will be within 3 metres of a drain or sewer shown on the relevant map of public sewers so that consultation can be made with United Utilities
  • where the work is being carried out to a building to which the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies

The applicant is the person on whose behalf the work is being carried out, such as the building's owner.

One copy only of this notice needs to be completed and submitted.

Where the proposed work includes the erection of a new building or extension, this notice shall be accompanied by a block plan to a scale of not less than 1:1250 showing:

  • the size and the position of the building, or the building as extended, and its relationship to adjoining boundaries
  • the boundaries of the curtilage of the building, or the building as extended, and the size, position and use of every other building or proposed building within that curtilage
  • the width and position of any street on or within the boundaries of the curtilage of the building or the building as extended
  • the provision to be made for the drainage of the building or extension
  • the number of storeys in the building to which the proposal relates

Where the work involves the insertion of insulating material into the cavity walls, the notice should be accompanied with a notice that states:

  • the name and type of insulation material to be used
  • the name of any European Technical Approval issuing body which approved the insulating material
  • the requirements of schedule 1 in relation to which any body referred to above has approved the insulating material
  • any national standard of a member state of the European Economic Area to which the insulating material conforms
  • the name of any body which has issued any current approval to the installer of the insulating material

Where the building work involves the provision of hot water storage system in relation to which paragraph G3 of schedule 1 (hot water storage) imposes a requirement, the notice should be accompanied by a statement which specifies:

  • the name, make, model and type of hot water storage system to be installed
  • the name of the body which has approved or certified that the system is capable of performing in a way that satisfies the requirements of paragraph G3 of schedule 1 
  • the name of the body that has issued any current registered operative identity card to the installer or proposed installer of the system

The Reversion charge is calculated in accordance with the Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council's current Scheme of Charges and is payable at the time of submission.

Subject to certain provisions of the Water Industry Act, owners and occupiers of premises are entitled to have their private foul and surface water drains and sewers connected to the public sewers where available. Special arrangements apply to trade effluent discharge. Persons wishing to make such connections must give not less than 21 days notice to the appropriate authority. 

These notes are for general guidance only.

People proposing to carry out building work or make a material change of use of a building are reminded that separate permission may also be required under the Town and County Planning Acts.