If you care for someone else's child for 28 days or more this may be a private fostering arrangement.
Private fostering can occur for many reasons such as:
- children going to live with a friend's family after separation, divorce or arguments at home
- children coming from abroad to access education and health services
- teenagers living with the family of a boyfriend or girlfriend
It does not refer to children on weekend or holiday visits.
If you answer yes to the following questions, you may be a private foster carer.
- Do you look after a child who is not closely related to you?
- Do they live with you?
- Is this a private arrangement between you and the child's parent?
- Is this a full-time arrangement?
- Will it last for 28 days or more?
If you live in Stockton-on-Tees, you must notify the Local Authority if you have a private fostering arrangement
Contact The Children's Hub on 01429 284284.