Apprenticeship vacancies up for grabs at Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Dozens of apprentices are being hired by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council.
In total there are 38 positions available, ranging from ICT technicians and business administrators to cooks and care workers.
Successful applicants will take up their posts in September 2021.
The apprenticeship vacancies opening today (Friday, May 28) are as follows:
- Adult Care Reablement Worker x1
- Adult Care OneCall Officer x2
- Library & Information Assistant x2
- ICT Business Administrator x1
- ICT Service Technician x1
- Digital Customer Advisor x2
- Digital Services Designer (Degree Level) x1
- Business Administrator x6
- Finance Assistant x2
- Cook x6
- Community Transport Officer x1
- Procurement & Supply Assistant x1
- Assistant Licensing Officer x1
- Private Sector Housing Officer x1
- Homelessness Prevention Officer x2
- Construction Design & Build Technician x1
- Plumber x1
- Advanced Carpentry & Joinery x1
- Musical Teaching Assistant x1
- Youth Workers x4
All of these apprentices will be paid at or above the national minimum wage, which is higher than the standard rate of pay for apprenticeships.
Councillor Bob Cook, Leader of Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council, said: "I started out as an apprentice myself many years ago - it gave me absolutely vital on-the-job experience whilst I trained and was a big help as I stepped into the world of work.
"We've got a great track record of hiring apprentices from a wide range of backgrounds with differing experiences and it'll be brilliant to get some more on board.
"Back in 2019 we had nearly 1000 applications for our apprenticeship positions and they're sure to be very popular again."
To view all Council apprenticeship vacancies, visit our Apprenticeships page.
PICTURE CAPTION: Councillor Bob Cook, Leader of Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council and Managing Director, Julie Danks, alongside apprentices hired by the Council in September 2019.