The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Inclusion Service
The SEND and Inclusion Service provide support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
SEND Assessments and Review Team
The team provides:
- delivery of all processes and procedures relating to Education, Health and Care (EHC) assessments, plans and reviews
- management of the process for placements in Enhanced Mainstream Schools
- management and allocation of High Needs 'top up' funding
- education improvement, including training and support for SENCOs
- non-statutory SEN support across the Borough through the ONE Point Panel
SEND School Inclusion of Vulnerable Learners Service
The service includes:
- support for staff in schools to understand the social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs of their pupils
- support for all schools and academies with a range of statutory intervention, support and guidance to help pupils with low attendance or who are not attending education
- support to ensure that education continues for statutory aged pupils who have been and remain unable to attend school for medical reasons
- Home and Hospital - email@example.com
- SEMH support - firstname.lastname@example.org
- attendance support - email@example.com
Virtual School for Looked After Children
For information on this service, visit the Virtual School for Looked After Children website.
SEND Placements and Governance Service
The service finds provision and placements for children and young people who are vulnerable, have EHC Plans or have been permanently excluded from school and the associated governance.
- exclusion notifications - firstname.lastname@example.org
- EHC placements - email@example.com
Contact the SEND and Inclusion Services on 01642 527145 or firstname.lastname@example.org