Toggle menu

Paying for Adult Social Care

If you have care needs you may have to pay for the cost of your care. We have a financial assessment tool to help you find out how much you may have to pay towards it. This includes non residential care, residential care and paying for care if you own your own home.

Use our financial assessment tool - cost of my care

Many people will not be asked to pay the full cost of their care and in some cases no charge will be made. The decision on how much you will pay is based on a financial assessment.

Where a financial assessment is required, we will make an appointment with you to determine how much you will be required to contribute towards the cost of your care and support at home or in a care home.

Our team provides advice and support regarding any benefits that you are entitled to receive. All information that you give will be treated confidentially and all records of the conversation will be kept securely.

The Adult Social Care Financial Services Team will carry out a financial assessment of your circumstances to work out exactly what your contribution should be.

If you have any questions please contact the Adult Social Care Financial Services Team.

In line with Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) guidance the Council have completed a cost of care exercise for homecare and care home services:


Personal budgets and direct payments

Managing your support in a way that best suits you.

Adult Social Care Financial Services (ASCFS)

Providing a wide range of information, advice and guidance relating to personal budgets for adults in Stockton-on-Tees.