Mayors Civic Awards
Nominations for the 2022 to 2023 Civic Awards are now open.
Many individuals, groups and businesses have gone above and beyond to help people in our community. The awards honour local people and organisations or businesses that have made a real difference to our community and officially recognise the achievements that have been made.
The award categories are:
- Young Person Award - This award recognises young person's up to the age of 18 who deserve special appreciation for the unique and valuable contribution they have made to the borough, or to other young people in the borough of Stockton.
- Service to Community Award for individuals - This award recognises individuals who have achieved something particularly noteworthy within the borough of Stockton or enhanced the reputation of the borough on a national scale.
- Service to Community Award for groups and organisations - This award recognises groups and organisations who have achieved something particularly noteworthy within the borough of Stockton or enhanced the reputation of the borough on a national scale.
- Service to Community Award for businesses - This award recognises businesses who have created a substantial number of jobs, nurtured and promoted the skills of local residents or significantly invested in making the borough of Stockton a great place to live, work and do business in.
- Health and Well-being Award - This award recognises an individual or group that has made a significant contribution to the health and well-being of those living or working within the borough of Stockton.
- Green Award - This award recognises an individual or group that has made a significant contribution to the conservation and protection of the natural environment of the borough of Stockton.
- Carer/Foster Carer Award - This award recognises the extraordinary dedication of an individual or couple, who has provided a loving and supportive family life to a child, or sibling group who do not live with their birth family.
If you know of someone, a business, or an organisation or group that has gone the extra mile in any of the above areas, then please submit a nomination.
You can make your nomination by completing the Civic Awards online nomination form.
The deadline for submitting nominations is Friday 27 January 2023.
Civic Award Winners for 2021 to 2022
The latest winners for 2021 to 2022 received their awards at the Council AGM in May 2022:
Young Person Award (aged up to 18 years old)
Service to the Community Award (Individuals)
Service to the Community Award (Groups and Organisations)
Service to the Community Award (Business)
The Silver Cod
Health and Wellbeing Award
Thornaby Community Litter Project
Carer/Foster Carer Award
Joyce and Peter Roscoe