A Guide To Your Tees Valley Taxi Assessment
Hartlepool Borough Council is approved to manage and deliver taxi assessments on behalf of Tees Valley local authorities for those drivers within the Tees Valley seeking to become a licensed taxi driver. The Council uses suitably qualified assessors to deliver local standard and wheelchair accessible assessments.
- The fee for a standard assessment is £66.00
- The fee for an accessible assessment is £81.00
Booking an Assessment
Please call Hartlepool Borough Council. The Road Safety Team on 01429 284076 Alternatively you can email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org providing your:
- Contact details
- DVLA Licence Number
- Assessment Location e.g Stockton
- Vehicle Make, Model and Registration
Assessments are delivered typically on the following days at each Council area. Alternate dates can be arranged on request.
Tuesday and Thursday
If you have an immediate requirement for an assessment please contact the office on 01429 284076. Alternative dates can be arranged only on request after contacting the office number.
Once you have booked your taxi assessment you will receive the following:
- A letter confirming the date and time of the assessment including the name of your assessor and a meeting point map,
- Payment confirmation,
- A copy of our terms and conditions.
- A copy of the Highway Code to be returned to your Assessor at the start of the assessment.
Please note that you will not be able to complete your assessment until you have paid the assessment fee in full. Please read your Terms and Conditions regarding cancellation fees.
Payment can be made using the following:
- a valid credit/debit card over the phone,
- by cheque payable to Hartlepool Borough Council General and sent with a booking form to our business address,
- by Postal Order and sent with a booking form to our business address,
- or by cash in person at the Civic Centre in Hartlepool (please phone to make an appointment prior to paying cash)