School and Governor Support Service
We support different aspects of school leadership through our clerking service for governing bodies and our regular training sessions for school governors.
Our clerking service is available in 3 levels.
Our level 1 support package includes:
- a dedicated named Clerk for your governing body or trust board
- attendance at governing body, trust board and committee meetings
- preparing draft agenda in collaboration with the headteacher, principal, CEO and chairs
- calling meetings and producing and sending relevant documentation to governors, directors, trustees and members within statutory or required deadlines
- taking an accurate record of all business discussed at meetings including any challenges
- reporting back on matters arising from previous meetings and undertaking agreed actions between meetings
- maintaining a record of all governor, director and trustee attendance at meetings
- ensuring that meetings are quorate and in line with either regulation, articles of association, terms of reference or your scheme of delegation
- supporting and advising governors, directors and trustees during meetings on constitutional and procedural matters in accordance with school governance legislation, articles of association or your scheme of delegation
- undertaking a review of committee structure and levels of delegation on an annual basis to ensure it is in line with delegation
- administrating Local Authority governor nominations and appointments
- administrating parent governor nomination, election processes and appointments
- supporting the promotion and recruitment of new governors, directors and trustees
- maintaining a copy of all documentation related to each meeting clerked for public inspection
- producing and presenting reports for governors and trustees on Local Authority and Government Policy
Level 2 includes everything in level 1 and the following additional benefits:
- membership of Learning Link, the National Governors' Association's online learning package
- access to our annual governor training and development programme for all your governors, directors and trustees
- a planning meeting to prepare your annual calendar and help with agenda setting
- maintenance of a register of financial interests
Level 3 includes everything available in level 1 and 2 alongside an annual health check of your governing body and one bespoke training session for your governing body each year.
If you employ your own clerk
We offer a separate support package for schools who employ their own clerk.
This package focuses on aspects of school leadership and management, offering advice on day-to-day management and governance. We can offer guidance on key roles and responsibilities and consultancy in challenging situations.
Support for sensitive meetings
We can provide an independent, trained clerk to support you in sensitive meetings such as pupil exclusion hearings.
How to get support
Contact us to find out more about our services.