Toggle menu

Occasional use notice

Occasional use notices are used to permit licensed betting operators with the appropriate permission from the Gambling Commission to use tracks for short periods of betting at events which are temporary or infrequent.

Before you apply

Before you apply, read the relevant sections of our Statement of Licensing Principals.

How to apply

You can use your notice for up to 8 consecutive or non-consecutive days in a calendar year. There is no fee.

Contact us to apply for an occasional use notice

You should specify which dates you will use your notice for and send it to and also to the chief officer of police for the area in which the track is located.

Contact details for Cleveland Police

Address: Divisional Licensing Unit, Middlesbrough Police Station, Bridge Street West, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AB

Phone: 01642 302360


What happens next?

If you meet the criteria for the occasional use notice, there is no need for a betting premises licence for the track and there is no opportunity for counter-notices or objections to be submitted when the notice is served


If we refuse your application, you may be able to appeal this decision to the Magistrates' Court or First-Tier Tribunal.

Full details will be included in any refusal notice.


Contact us

Contact the Licensing Team for advice on any licence or to make a complaint about a licensed business.

Phone: 01642 524802