Stockton Hall of Fame
To recognise the heritage of the Borough, we want to mark the contribution made by individuals who were born in the Borough or who were recognised for their work or an event which took place in Stockton-on-Tees.
The Hall of Fame currently celebrates many individuals.
Make a nomination
A Commemoration Working Group has been established to consider any nominations received.
Nominations need to include:
- the level of importance of the individual
- the relevance and connection of the individual to Stockton-on-Tees
To submit your nomination call 01642 526193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stockton Heritage Plaque Scheme
Like many towns and cities across the country, Stockton-on-Tees is committed to the celebration of its history and achievements through memorials, plaques and commemorations of its famous residents, events and locations.
The Hall of Fame includes an exciting project to mark the homes or birthplace of important Borough individuals with a distinctive blue plaque.
The Heritage Plaque Scheme was adopted by Stockton's Cabinet in 2012, and aims to:
- raise awareness of our local history and heritage
- stimulate pride and aspiration
- highlight particular achievements or periods including those less well known
- connect people and events of the past to the buildings and sites that remain in place today
The scheme is managed by the Council with consultation with our Members on where each plaques sits and the format each plaque takes.
They are usually placed on existing buildings or structures with a link to the person, event or historical achievement.