Holidays Are Fun Programme (HAF)
All children and young people aged 5 to 16 years old who live in Stockton-on-Tees and are entitled to a benefits-related free school meal, in receipt of Universal Credit or experiencing financial difficulties are eligible to take up a place for free holiday activities, including a meal over the holidays.
What is the programme?
The programme delivered by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council in partnership with the Department for Education and Catalyst offers a wide range of activities such as sports, dancing, drama workshops, music, arts and crafts, cooking, gardening and horse riding in the school holidays.
What are the programmes intended outcomes?
Intended outcomes for the Holiday Enrichment Programmes are:
- improved mental health and emotional wellbeing
- improved aspirations
- improved physical activity
- improved dietary behaviour
What are the main benefits of the programme?
The main benefits are:
- the schemes encourage children to be more active over the holidays
- improvements in children's diets
- making new friends and having fun
- helps parents meet the costs of school holidays