Local Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document
Date consultation closed
Monday 19 December 2022
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council undertook a consultation on the draft Local Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). The SPD aims to provide guidance on the interpretation and application of Local Plan policies relating to design for all new developments.
The main documents which formed this consultation are available on this page.
Local Design Guide SPD (PDF) [8MB]
The following three technical appendices which cover designing and implementing several design interventions.
- Landscaping and trees (PDF) [1MB]
- Play areas (PDF) [1020KB]
- Shop fronts and advertisements (PDF) [863KB]
We have also prepared a Design Process Overview (PDF) [7MB] which provides a summary of the main elements of the Local Design Guide SPD.
There are also three supporting documents to support and inform the preparation of the SPD:
- Community Impact Assessment (PDF) [515KB]
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Consultation Screening Report (PDF) [490KB]
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Determination and Statement of Reasons (PDF) [235KB]
- Consultation Statement (PDF) [413KB]
Results and outcomes
Comments and representations received will be considered and used to refine the Local Design SPD prior to its adoption.