Land and property owned by the Council
Our interactive map lets you see all of the land and buildings that Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council own or has an interest in. The map is updated daily but delays can occur with acquisitions or disposals of land and/or buildings. You need to know the category of land you wish to enquire about before you contact us.
- if the land or building is owned by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- if it is adopted land, email HTD@stockton.gov.uk.
- if you require further information regarding land not owned or adopted by the Council, contact HM Land registry search.
List of property owned by the Council
Our Land and property register (Excel doc) [51KB] is updated annually and is for indicative purposes only. Any specific details should be confirmed with the Land and Property Team.
What the list includes:
- all service and office properties occupied or controlled by the Council, both freehold and leasehold
- all other properties the Council owns or uses e.g. hostels, laboratories, investment properties and depots
- garages unless rented as part of a housing tenancy agreement
- surplus, sublet or vacant properties owned by the Council
- undeveloped land owned by the Council
What the list does not include
We've removed some building records from the data list because they are exempt from publication under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), such as properties that are used to house individuals. These items are:
- social housing
- assets of national security
- information deemed inappropriate for public access as a result of data protection and/or disclosure controls (e.g. refuge houses)
What the information means
- UPRN: The Unique Property Reference Number (or UPRN) is a unique twelve-digit number assigned to every unit of land and property recorded by local government. This is a statutory obligation. The UPRN uniquely and definitively identifies every addressable location in the country.
- Property name and address: Details of the property name and address.
- Easting and Northing: This dataset includes Ordnance Survey derived data.
- Tenure: The tenure determines whether the local authority owns the freehold or a lease for the asset.
- Type: The type determines whether the asset is land only without permanent buildings (land) or land with a permanent building (land/building)