Toggle menu

Big Community Switch

Registration now open for the Big Community Switch - sign up to fix your tariff!

The Big Community Switch is a safe and simple option for our residents to save money on their fuel bills and fix their tariff.

Registration is now open for the next online auction which will take place on Tuesday 9 January 2024. Registration is open for Stockton-on-Tees Borough residents until Monday 8 January 2024.

Why should I register?

Switching means you can fix your tariff for the upcoming winter and you no longer have to waste precious time comparing prices as we do it for you.

How do I get a good deal?

On Tuesday 9 January 2024 a variety of energy companies will compete to become the energy supplier for the customers that sign up for the switch. The more customers that are signed up and registered the more competitive the deal is likely to be.

Once registered, you will receive your personal offer highlighting how much you might save compared to your current energy tariff. If you choose to accept this no obligation offer you will need to follow the online instructions to make the switch.

How do I register?

Residents of the Stockton-on-Tees Borough can register up until Monday 8 January 2024.

Simply register on The Big Community Switch website and complete the simple online form to take part. 

Register for The Big Community Switch

If you, or someone you know, can't access the form you can register by calling the Big Community Switch registration line on 0800 048 8439. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5:30pm, please have a recent energy bill to hand.

Further information

I have registered in the past, do I need to register again?

Yes. Many residents are currently on a standard variable tariff and may wish to investigate the options for a fixed tariff.  If your fixed tariff is coming to an end this may also be of interest to you. It helps to have a recent energy bill handy when you register to make the process as easy as possible.

I rent my home, can I take part?

Yes. To take part you must have an energy bill in your or your partner's name.

I have a prepayment or key card meter, can I take part?

Yes. However you must not be more than £500 in debt to your current fuel supplier to switch.