For Coronavirus information including the current restrictions, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Support for Sports Clubs
We have a strong commitment to supporting sports clubs and organisations throughout the Borough. We want to support those who create opportunities that allow people to participate in sport, physical activity or active leisure in a safe and effective environment.
We can provide support to clubs such as:
- Club get-togethers to facilitate ongoing contact, partnership and interconnectivity
- Support with funding/ grant applications
- Providing a link between Tees Valley Sport and grass roots sports organisations
- Consultation of strategic documents, e.g. Playing Pitch Strategy, to ensure they are appropriate and representative.
- Providing regular updates via the Club Hub Facebook page.
Funding and grant opportunities
The Leisure and Sports Development team offers advice and support to sporting organisations who are looking for external financial help. The following funding opportunities are currently available:
Sport England Small Grants Programme
The Sport England Small Grants Programme has been set up to support local community sports projects which seek to increase and sustain participation or develop opportunities for people to excel at their chosen sport. You can apply for any sum from £300 to £10,000.
Rate relief for sporting organisations
Sports organisations and clubs who operate on a non-profit basis are eligible to apply for National Non-Domestic Rate Relief (NNDRR) for sporting organisations.
The scheme is discretionary and the money awarded to clubs and organisations are assessed against certain criteria, which you must provide photocopy evidence for.