Report a damaged road, path/cycle path, pothole, street furniture or a broken street light

A section of Damaged road

For the latest Coronavirus updates and information including advice and support for residents and businesses visit

To find out how to get a Coronavirus test visit

We are responsible for the maintenance of all Council adopted roads, footpaths/cycle paths and street lights in the Borough.

As well as routine inspections, our team responds to calls about maintenance issues and determine if any repair work is needed.

We aim to carry out any repair work within 28 days or, where a fault is deemed an immediate risk to users, we will respond and make safe within 24 hours. 


How to report a damaged road, footpath, cycle path, road sign/furniture or a street light

If you believe the damage poses immediate danger to public safety and requires immediate attention, please call our Care for your Area team on 01642 391959.

Outside of these hours including Bank Holidays please contact our Security Centre: 01642 528989

To report non-urgent defects please click on one of the following links:


Street Furniture

Stockton Council is responsible for the maintenance of:

  • Bollards
  • Pedestrian guardrails and barriers
  • Amenity bench seats
  • Some raised planting tubs, bowls and containers
  • Temporary cones, bollards and barriers
  • Non-illuminated signs
  • Dog waste bins 
  • Litter bins
  • More than 6,000 street nameplates

Theft and vandalism of street furniture, gullies or the removal of barriers around excavation works can lead to serious accidents. 

Any queries regarding cones/bollards/barriers relating to utility works please contact us on 01642 526766.