Monitoring and Supporting Documents


There are a number of disruptions to Council services because of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check the link below before accessing any of our services.

For details of disruptions and for advice and guidance visit

Authorities Monitoring Report

The authorities monitoring report contains information on the implementation of the Local Development Scheme and the extent to which policies set out in Local Plan are being successful.


Tees Valley Local Aggregates Assessment

The Tees Valley Local Aggregates Assessment is updated annually providing an assessment of the demand for and supply of aggregates in the Tees Valley, other relevant local information, and an assessment of all supply options.


Supporting Documents

Numerous supporting documents have been prepared which support the Local Plan and form part of our on-going monitoring.

Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA)

Local authorities undertake Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessments (HELAA) in accordance with national policy and guidance. The HELAA informs the monitoring of housing delivery, development land supply and the annual review of the Brownfield Land Register. Specifically, the HELAA provides a survey and analysis of existing and potential housing and economic development land, including an assessment of the suitability, availability and achievability of potential housing sites.

If you wish to suggest any potential sites for inclusion in the next review of the HELAA or Brownfield Land Register, please complete the Site Subm​ission Form. For inclusion in the HELAA, sites should, as appropriate:

  • Be capable of accommodating at least 5 additional residential dwellings; or
  • For economic development sites, be  at least 0.25 hectares in size or capable of providing at least 500 square metres of commercial floorspace. 

It should be noted that the HELAA is not a policy or decision-making document.  The inclusion of a site does not guarantee it will be allocated for development or receive favourable consideration if an application for planning permission is submitted.