For Coronavirus information including the current restrictions, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Littleboy Park has a small play area, bowls club and some delightful tree-lined footpaths.
The park was named after locally born Wilfred Evelyn Littleboy, an officer in the Royal Warwickshire Regiment who was killed during a First World War attack on the Polderhoek Chateau, France in October 1917. As a memorial to their son Wilfred’s parents donated the land for the creation of this park, which was opened to the public by his mother, Agnes in 1930.
The Five Lamps stands at the north-eastern corner of the park, off Mitchell Avenue. This is a replica of the original feature which was erected in 1874 at the junction of George Street and Mandale Road, Thornaby. In that location, the Five Lamps became an important meeting place for local people and was used by preachers, politicians and others, becoming a symbol of free speech.
The car park and main entrances to Littleboy Park can be accessed off Acklam Road, just north of the junction with Mitchell Avenue. From here a cycleway takes you into Allison Trainer Park, although there are several other entrances and a main gateway off Lanehouse Road.
Information on Accessibility
|Accessible Toilets||Designated Disabled Parking||Surfaced Paths|
Littleboy Park and Allison Trainer Park are open daily.
Allison Trainer Park