The Government has announced 'Local COVID alert level: high' restrictions for Stockton-on-Tees.
For further information about the rules and disruptions to Council services visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Stockton's libraries carry the very latest titles, with something suitable for all ages and tastes.
If the book you want is currently out on loan you can reserve it. We will let you know when it becomes available. We can also help you renew the loan period on existing loans.
You can reserve or renew a book in the following ways:
- In person - Visit any of our branch libraries where any member of staff will be happy to help.
- By phone - Contact any of our branch libraries where any member of staff will be happy to help.
- Online - Available 24/7, the online library service allows you to browse the library catalogue, renew book loans, reserve items, download eBooks to your computer/mobile device and keep track of your library loans.
Using the online Library Account
Register for an online Library Account
To open an online account you will need your library card number and a personal identification number (PIN).
- Contact your local library for your personal PIN or alternatively, you can request one by completing the online form.
- Once you have a PIN you can log in to your online library account by entering your card number and PIN.
Reserve an item
- Browse items by genre or use the search box to see what is available. Advanced search options allow you to fine tune your search.
- Once you have found the book you want select 'Check availability' and it will state if the book is available and which library has it in stock. Select the library you wish to collect from and 'Reserve' the item.
Renew an item
- Select 'My Account" to see a list of items currently on loan. Select 'Renew' to extend this loan period for another 3 weeks, this is providing another borrower has not requested the same book. Books can be renewed up to 3 times online and in branch thereafter.
Please note there is a charge for some reservations. The reservation fee is due when the reservation is made and is not subject to supply of the item or notification. There is no charge for items in the Borough stock.
£1.20 charge for items not in library stock.
Books and journals obtained from outside the authority to be charged at 50% of the cost of supply. Free large print and spoken word reservations to registered visually impaired people.