Books on Prescription
Reading Well helps you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing using helpful reading.
The books are chosen by health experts and people living with the conditions covered. People can be recommended a title by a health professional, or they can visit their local library and take a book out for free. Selected titles are also available to borrow as e-books.
There are currently five Reading Well book lists; Reading Well for -
- Mental health
- Long term conditions
- Young people’s mental health
Mood Boosting Books
Reading Well Mood-boosting Books is a national promotion of uplifting titles, including novels, poetry and non-fiction. The books are all recommended by readers and reading groups.
Many of the books are available to borrow free from your local library. Selected titles are also available to borrow as e-books.
Our Library Service has a wonderful collection of objects and games which can be used for reminiscence sessions, a light-hearted and fun way of unlocking memories and encouraging people to talk.
How to borrow items from the collection:
- You will need to be a library member.
- Contact Mobile Services either by phone: 01642 528045 or email: [email protected]
- Please leave the following details; name and contact details, your library card number, a list of items you require including the catalogue number and your preferred library for collection. You can choose from the following libraries to collect your items: Stockton Central, Thornaby Central & Billingham.
- The items will be issued to your ticket for five weeks which will allow one week collection and four weeks loan period. They will then be sent to your chosen library. The library will phone you when your items are ready for collection.
- When you collect your items you will be given a list of the items issued to your ticket. Please feel free to check the items before taking them away.
- Please return the items to your library at the end of the loan period.
Stockton Public Health Information Library
Our Public Health Information Library is an excellent resource that is available to all Health Practitioners and people who are interested in promoting health and well-being information.
The Library is packed full of useful marketing materials, supporting both local and national campaigns as well as general health information and advice. You can also book out larger campaign items, such as smoking 'tar jars', models, stands and promotional outfits.