The Government has announced 'Local COVID alert level: high' restrictions for Stockton-on-Tees.
For further information about the rules and disruptions to Council services visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Bag Books are multi-sensory story packs for those who cannot benefit from mainstream stories. Bag books are suitable for children and adults with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and children on the autistic spectrum. These packs are available for loan to anyone working in this area.
Books Beyond Words
Books Beyond Words is a series of picture books that has been developed to make communicating easier and to enable discussion about difficult topics. Supporting text and guidelines are also provided for carers, supporters and professional. The series is particularly useful for people with learning difficulties.
Books on Prescription
Reading Well Books on Prescription is a scheme offering self-help books. They are available to borrow from out libraries. Many people suffer from emotional problems such as depression, anxiety or eating disorders.
There is strong evidence that books can help, either used on their own or together with other treatment. Confidential and easy to use, your GP or health professional will 'prescribe' a book for you to collect from your library.
British Sign Language
Within Britain the most common form of Sign Language is British Sign Language (BSL). Easy to follow DVDs are a great way to learn BSL. Also available for loan: the 'BSL Driving Theory Test', the 'Signs for Success' program using sign language to advance the development and learning of babies and children and 'Sign it in Sign with Scarlett' - 12 popular nursery rhymes in sign.
Mood Boosting Books
Reading Well Mood Boosting Book scheme is a national promotion of uplifting titles. Research shows that reading improves mental health and well-being. There's nothing better than a good book to make you laugh out loud and lift your spirits or to make you quietly reflect and smile to yourself. BBC Headroom has created a list of book with the 'feel good factor'. The books are recommended by readers and reading groups around the country. Why not try one for yourself.
Stockton Library Service has a wonderful collection of objects and games which can be used for reminiscence sessions, a lighthearted and fun way of unlocking memories and encouraging people to talk.
How to borrow items from the collection:
- You will need to be a library member.
- Contact Mobile Services either by phone: 01642 528045 or email: [email protected]
- Please leave the following details; Name and contact details, your library card number, a list of items you require including the catalogue number and your preferred library for collection.
- You can choose from the following libraries to collect your items: Stockton Central, Thornaby Central & Billingham.
- The items will be issued to your ticket for five weeks which will allow one week collection and four weeks loan period. They will then be sent to your chosen library. The library will phone you when your items are ready for collection.
- When you collect your items you will be given a list of the items issued to your ticket. Please feel free to check the items before taking them away.
- Please return the items to your library at the end of the loan period.
Stockton Public Health Information Library
Our Public Health Information Library is an excellent resource that is available to all Health Practitioners and people who are interested in promoting health and wellbeing information.
The Library is packed full of useful marketing materials, supporting both local and national campaigns as well as general health information and advice. You can also book out larger campaign items, such as smoking 'tar jars', models, stands and promotional outfits.