Mobile homes and caravan parks

Mobile homes

For the latest Coronavirus updates and information including advice and support for residents and businesses visit

To find out how to get a Coronavirus test visit

Here you can find information about the licensing of caravan sites.


Mobile homes and caravan sites

The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 prohibits the use of any land as a caravan site, unless it has a licence.

Licence conditions may include:

  • Caravan type (e.g. static or touring)
  • Permitted number of caravans
  • The provision of amenities
  • Other requirements

Our Private Sector Housing team inspect certain caravan sites annually to ensure that licence conditions are being adhered to. Complaints from members of the public are also investigated.

There are certain types of caravan sites which do not need to be licensed.

Before you apply for a licence, you need to make sure that the land you want to operate from has planning permission to be used as a caravan site.

Apply online for a Mobile Home and Caravan Site Licence

View the Stockton-on-Tees Mobile Homes and Caravan Site Register.

Please contact our Private Sector Housing Team or visit the Park homes government webpage for further information.


Register of Fit and Proper Persons

From 1 July 2021 site owners must apply to the local authority to be included, or for their appointed site manager to be included, on a register of fit and proper persons.

Visit the Government website for further information on Mobile Home Regulations.