uploads webified c306a6f9 6d98 49fb b47a bcf35172015d

There are a number of disruptions to Council services because of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check the link below before accessing any of our services.

For details of disruptions and for advice and guidance visit

We always have a packed year-round calendar of events happening across the Borough. Our events highlight what a great place Stockton-on-Tees is and they celebrate its unique landscapes from busy town centres to the picturesque riverside.

Not only do we bring you fantastic events we also provide support if you would like to hold your own event, between us we can create a busy, vibrant Borough full of great experiences.


COVID-19 - Important guidance on delivering Events during the Coronavirus pandemic

In addition to other standard event safety requirements, all event plans must now include consideration of the COVID 19 pandemic and any associated restrictions. The Guidance for planning an event on Council Land - Covid 19 document provides specific information relating to Covid-19 actions that event organisers will need to undertake/demonstrate before the Council will consider events to take place on Council land. 

All large events in public spaces within the Borough must be assessed by Stockton Borough Council’s Independent Safety Advisory Group, providing independent expert assessment of the suitability and robustness of event plans from a health, safety and community impact perspective.

Unfortunately, due to national government guidance to reduce the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus, the following activities/events will not be supported at this time. Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council will continue to review National Guidance and update this page accordingly

Current Restrictions

  • Events or activities that could lead to/ attract large crowds/mass gathering forming.
  • Events or activities that put pressure on public and local transport.
  • Events that include any singing and or brass/wind performances outside of a professional context.
  • Community choirs/non-professional brass/wind performances.


General Events Planning

The most important thing when organising an event is to plan early. Think about what you want to achieve and inform our Events Team well in advance. 

Whether you are planning a street party or music festival, our Event Team will provide practical help and advice on staging a public event safely and successfully. 


What sort of event are you planning?

How you plan an event will depend on its size and the activities taking place at the event, the following table shows how events can differ:

Street parties and fetes Large scale public events    
No formal risk assessment needed Anyone can attend
No licences normally necessary if music incidental and no selling is involved External publicity such as in newspapers     
Publicity only to residents Event Plan required, including Health and Safety risk assessment.
Residents/neighbours only Licences usually needed. Insurance needed.
Self-organised Professional/skilled organisers 


Plan a street party

Street parties and fetes are a traditional part of community life. They are a simple way for us to get to know our neighbours and meet members of our community. We want to make it easier for you to hold these sorts of local events without having to plough through mountains of forms.

If you would like to organise a street party, fete or any event where groups of residents get together all you need to do is submit an event application form at least four weeks in advance to let us know.

Once you have submitted the event details to us our Events Team will look at what you are proposing, process your application (including any road closure information) and will let you know if there is anything else you need to consider.

View additional guidance about planning a street party on the GOV.UK website

Submit a street party or small community event application online


Plan a large scale event

If you are planning a large scale event you will need notify the Stockton Independent Safety Advisory Group (ISAG), who will provide advice and guidance to support you in staging your event. Please contact our Events Team on 01642 526750, or email [email protected], to provide details of your event.

 Submit an event organiser's application online

You may need to apply for certain licenses. If you want to have a pay bar or intend to provide entertainment to the wider public, or charge to raise money for your event, you will need a Temporary Event Notice which is a temporary licence costing £21. 


Promote a forthcoming event

If you have organised an event and would like to promote it online, visit the Enjoy Tees Valley website and submit your event details.