For Coronavirus information including the current restrictions, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
We offer a range of schemes to help you travel in a variety of environmentally friendly ways and also encourage walking and cycling across the Borough.
We have a whole range of accessible routes available, visit the below pages to find out more:
Workplace Travel Plan
A Workplace Travel Plan gives your employees more options of sustainable modes of transport when travelling to and from the workplace.
There can be benefits for both your organisation and your employees:
- Helps to save time and money for your organisation
- Can improve the health of your employees
- Eases congestion helping to protect the environment
We are committed to implementing our own employee workplace travel plan and will endeavor to work with all organisations within the borough, assisting them on the implementation of their workplace travel plans.
Car sharing (Liftshare)
We support the Liftshare car sharing scheme for anyone who lives, works or travels within the Tees Valley.
The scheme is completely free and open to individuals and businesses it can be used for a one-off trip or for a regular journey.
You can search for a lift with someone else that has a car or alternatively you can offer a lift to someone who is travelling along the same route as you and share the cost.
It is estimated a typical car sharer will save themselves around £1,000 and 1 tonne of CO2 per year by sharing their daily journey.
Car Sharing can bring many benefits including:
- Cut your travel costs by sharing the cost of a journey with a passenger
- Reduce your stress levels by letting someone else drive and park
- Reduce the pressure on car parks by leaving your car at home
- Reduce traffic congestion at peak times by leaving your car at home
- Reduce pollution and improve the local environment
- Improve access to education and work by offering a lift to those that do not have a car
For more information please call 01642 526735.
We also have a wide range of excellent public and community transport in the Borough, visit our Public and community transport page for more information.
Electric cars and vans offer significant improvements over conventional engines in terms of fuel efficiency, local air quality, noise, and emissions.
Running costs for electric vehicles are very much lower than for conventional ones, due both to the efficiency of the motors and also to there being fewer and more long-lasting components.
Users of electric cars will have a range of charging locations:
- Home - via a standard 13 amp socket (3kW)
- Home - via a dedicated 32 amp charging point (7kW)
- Workplace - via a standard or dedicated socket
- Public location - via a dedicated 3kW or 7kW charging post
- Key public location - via a 200 amp (50kW) Quick Charge point
Currently there are public-access charging points within the Borough which you can view on the Zap Map Website.