The Government has announced 'Local COVID alert level: high' restrictions for Stockton-on-Tees.
For further information about the rules and disruptions to Council services visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Our Security and Surveillance Service is an important tool in the detection and prevention of crime.
The Stockton Security Centre is one of the leading purpose built control centres in England, with an extensive network of cameras throughout the Borough and beyond for both public purposes and private clients.
The purpose of the system is to:
- To help reduce the fear of crime
- To help deter crime
- To help detect crime and provide evidential material for court proceedings
- To assist in the overall management of areas covered by The Scheme
- To enhance community safety, assist in developing the economic well being of the Stockton on Tees Borough Council area and encourage greater use of the Town Centres, shopping area car parks and surrounding area
- To assist the Local Authority in it's enforcement and regulatory functions within the areas covered by The Scheme
- To support planned Police operations
- To check infringements of the Market Charter
- To assist in Traffic Management / Bus Lane Enforcement
- To assist in supporting civil proceedings that will help detect crime
We strive to achieve our goals thanks to a dedicated team of highly trained operators who work 24 hours per day, 7 days a week in close partnership with Cleveland Police in order to make our town a safer and welcoming place to live and visit.