The Police and Crime Panel oversees the work of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
Information about the work of the panel and meeting agendas and minutes can be found below:
The Police and Crime Panel is made up of:
- Cllr Tony Riordan - Stockton-on-Tees (Chair)
- Cllr Graham Cutler - Redcar and Cleveland (Vice-Chair)
- Cllr Norma Stephenson - Stockton-on-Tees
- Cllr Stefan Houghton - Stockton-on-Tees
- Cllr Steve Nelson -Stockton-on-Tees
- Cllr Chris Jones - Redcar and Cleveland
- Cllr Barrie Cooper - Middlesbrough
- Cllr Matthew Storey - Middlesbrough
- Cllr Lee Cartwright - Hartlepool
- Cllr Carl Quartermain - Redcar and Cleveland
- Cllr Dave Hunter - Hartlepool
- Mayor Andy Preston - Middlesbrough
- Paul McGrath - Non-Political Independent Member
- Luigi Salvati - Non-Political Independent Member
Members of the public may ask questions at the Police & Crime Panel in line with the process detailed in 'Public Participation at meetings'.
The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) role
- Represents the interests of local communities
- Holds the Chief Constable to account for police performance
- Sets the priorities for the Force and prepares the Police and Crime Plan
- Appoints (and dismisses if necessary) the Chief Constable
- Sets the Police budget and the part of council tax that goes to policing
- Works with other agencies and partners to improve public safety
- Commissions police and crime services.
Complaints about the Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC)
The Police and Crime Panel is responsible for dealing with complaints about the conduct of the PCC. The following documentation is available if you wish to submit a complaint regarding the conduct of the PCC.