For the latest Coronavirus updates and information including advice and support for residents and businesses visit

To find out how to get a Coronavirus test visit

House to House Collection Application

Licence Summary

Persons wishing to undertake charitable house to house collections for money and/or goods must apply to the Council for a House to House Collection Permit. These collections generally take place from door to door or from one Public House to another.

A licence is not required from the Local Authority if the charity is operating under a Home Office Exemption Certificate. Whilst these charities are not required to apply locally they are required to advise the Council in writing of the existence of their exemption together with the date and location of collection. Having received this information the Council can avoid double booking an area.


Regulation Summary

Copies of relevant legislation can be found on the website.


Application Process

House to House Collections are free and anyone over the age of 16 can apply.

Applications must be submitted at least 28 working days in advance of the proposed collection and should be accompanied with the following documents:

  • List of Trustees
  • Previous Years Accounts
  • Literature on the organisation(s) which will benefit from the collection
  • Particulars of any contracts with any charity which is to benefit from this collection

Subject to a satisfactory application and the availability of appropriate dates a permit will be issued within 28 working days.

Following completion of the collection the applicant must complete and submit a Form of Statement detailing the amount collected. This can be done by downloading and completing the form below or completing the form online.


How To Apply

To apply for a House to House Collection Permit please complete the appropriate form below. To notify us of the proceeds of the collection (Form of Statement) please complete the appropriate form below.


Application Form Apply online
Application For A House To House Collection Permit View
Form Of Statement View


Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Tacit consent means that if we have not dealt with applications within the target period then the application can be deemed to have been granted/approved.

Please note that tacit consent does not apply in respect of this application. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact it. You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service or contact us on [email protected] or 01642 526558.


Licence Holder Redress

Please contact us in the first instance on [email protected] or 01642 526558.


Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you, preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, visit our Consumer pages or for advice. From outside of the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Can't find it

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction