For the latest Coronavirus updates and information including advice and support for residents and businesses visit

To find out how to get a Coronavirus test visit

Annual Supply of Fireworks Licence

Licence Summary

Any person intending to supply or expose for supply fireworks all year round requires a fireworks licence. You will not need a licence if you only intend to supply or expose for supply fireworks during the following periods:

  • on the first day of the Chinese New Year and the three days immediately preceding it;
  • on the day of Diwali and the three days immediately preceding it;
  • during the period beginning on 15 October and ending on 10 November;
  • during the period beginning on 26 December and ending on 31 December.

If you only intend to supply fireworks during the above periods you will still be required to register your premises for the storage of explosives. Certain exemptions apply to short term storage of fireworks, please contact us for more information.


Regulation Summary

Copies of the Firework Safety Regulations 2004, the Pyrotechnic Articles (Safety) Regulations 2010 and the Fireworks Safety Regulations 1997 can be found at this external site.


Application Process

See our Licensing Fees and Charges webpage for a full list of application fees.

Upon receipt of a completed application form checks will be made to ensure that you have an explosives registration/licence and your licence will be issued following a 28 day consultation period. This licence is renewable annually.


How To Apply

To apply for an Fireworks Licence please complete the application form


Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Tacit consent means that if we have not dealt with applications within the target period then the application can be deemed to have been granted/approved.

Please note that tacit consent does not apply in respect of this application. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact it.


Licence Holder Redress

Any applicant who is refused a licence can appeal to their local Magistrates Court. Please contact us in the first instance.


Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you, preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, visit our Consumer pages or for advice.

Can't find it

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction