For the latest Coronavirus updates and information including advice and support for residents and businesses visit

To find out how to get a Coronavirus test visit


The Licensing Service aims to provide support to businesses and individuals with regards to obtaining the appropriate licences or permits necessary to carry out a legitimate business. It also provides an important regulatory function, carrying out a range of duties aimed at protecting the public.


Pay a Licensing Annual Fee

Pay an annual fee for alcohol, late night refreshment, gambling and small society lotteries by completing the licensing annual fee form.


Current Applications and Consultations

Visit the applications and consultations page for guidance on making representations on current applications and consultations.



Alcohol and Entertainment

Licensing Act 2003 - Club Premises Certificates
Licensing Act 2003 - Personal Licences
Licensing Act 2003 - Premises Licences
Licensing Act 2003 - Temporary Events Notices


Pavement Licence

Pavement Licence


Taxi Licences

Private Hire And Hackney Carriages Drivers Licences

Private Hire And Hackney Carriages Vehicles Licences
Private Hire Operators Licences   


Animal Licences

Animal Activities Licences
Dangerous Wild Animal Licences
Zoo Licences


Charity Licences
Street Collection Permits
Approved Street Collections
Approved House to House Collections
House To House Collection Permits


Tattoo, Hairdressing and Beauty Licences
Acupuncture, Tattooing, Semi-Permanent Skin Colouring, Piercing, Electrolysis, Hairdressing and Barber Registrations


Other Licences

Explosives and Fireworks Licences

 Hypnotism Authorisations
 Pleasure Boat And Boatmen Licences
 Premise Approval For Marriage Or Civil Ceremonies
 Scrap Metal Dealer Licences
Sex Establishments Licences
Street Trading Consents


Gaming Licences
Gambling Act Licenses


Licensing Registers
Animal Activities Licences
Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Drivers
Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Vehicles
Pavement Licences
Personal Licence Holders
Premises Approved for Marriage or Civil Ceremonies
Private Hire Operators

Scrap Metal Dealers Licences

(Hosted by the Environment Agency)


Licensing Committee
Council meetings and papers pages


Licensing Fees

See our Licensing Fees and Charges webpage for a full list of application fees.


Further Information 


Public Registers

Legislation requires us to maintain Public Registers for certain types of licences, for example Licensing Act 2003 Premises, Private Hire Drivers, Hackney Carriage Vehicles and Motor Salvage Operators. You can view these at our offices at Municipal Buildings, Church Road, Stockton on Tees, TS18 ITX. For further information please contact us.


Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles

We maintain a designated list of wheelchair accessible taxis and private hire vehicles that we licence. The list contains details of the vehicle and contact numbers, where available, and is provided for the purposes of Section 165 of the Equality Act 2010.

Whilst we cannot guarantee the availability of the listed vehicles at any given time, we hope that providing this list will help those in need of such a vehicle to book one more easily.


Are You Organising An Event?

Stockton Borough Council has established an Independent Safety Advisory Group (ISAG) to provide guidance and specialist advice to Event Planners and Event Organisers in staging their events and helping them understand their individual responsibilities and those of other agencies e.g. Police, Local Authority, Fire and Rescue Service, Ambulance Service etc.

For more information on the work of the ISAG and how to inform them of your event.

Can't find it

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction