Recovering from an illness or accident / returning from a stay in hospital and household maintenance

A carer talking to a resident

For Coronavirus information including the current restrictions, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit

When you are discharged from hospital we will ensure that, if you are eligible to receive social care services, you will receive the help you need.

Before people who require social care support are discharged from hospital, an assessment will be undertaken to ensure that what is needed is available. If you cannot go home, there are other options that we can advise you about.

If you would like some help whilst in hospital, the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALs) will provide confidential, on the spot, advice and support to help you sort out any concerns you may have about the NHS care you receive.

Contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Services

Telephone: 01642 624719

Email: [email protected]

Address: Hardwick Road, Stockton-on-tees, Cleveland, TS19 8PE

Visit the NHS choices website for further information.


Help with household repairs and maintenance

You can get help with household repairs and maintenance to help you stay in your home. Please visit the Stockton Information Directory to search for support services who can help.

Can't find it

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction