Equipment and adaptations

A carer talking to a resident

For the latest Coronavirus updates and information including advice and support for residents and businesses visit

To find out how to get a Coronavirus test visit

If you think you need an adaptation to your home to help you to live independently then the first thing to do is to get in touch with the First Contact Team for an assessment.

They will complete a referral form on your behalf and forward your request to the occupational therapy team who will then contact you to assess your needs and recommend the most cost effective solution.


Contact First Contact for an Assessment

Telephone: 01642 527764

Fax: 01642 527756

Minicom: 01642 527769

Email: [email protected]


Grants and loan schemes

Depending on your financial circumstances there may be a charge for the equipment or adaptation. The Occupational Therapist Assessment Team can provide information about this. Disabled Facility Grants and Equipment Loan Schemes are available to help in some circumstances. 


Stockton Independent Living Centre

For advice and information about disability equipment, adaptations, and community services Contact the Stockton Independent Living Centre on telephone: 01642 526128 or email: [email protected].

Read the Stockton Independent Living Centre leaflet for more information.  


Stockton Information Directory

The Stockton Information Directory provides information and advice on a range of services and opportunities for adults across the borough of Stockton. The wide range of services include information and advice on where local groups or leisure activities are taking place, what help you can get to remain in your own home as well as housing and care home information, and much more.

Visit the Stockton Information Directory for a full range of services available for adults.

Can't find it

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction