The Government has announced 'Local COVID alert level: high' restrictions for Stockton-on-Tees.
For further information about the rules and disruptions to Council services visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus.
What are the rules in Stockton-on-Tees?
To help reduce the spread of Coronavirus the Government has put in place 'Local COVID alert level: high' restrictions which apply to all residents of the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees.
What are the restrictions?
No mixing between households anywhere indoors.
It is against the law to:
- Have guests in your home
- Meet another household at any public indoor venue such as a pub, restaurant or café
Are there any exceptions?
You cannot mix socially with people from different households anywhere indoors unless you are:
- In the same support bubble
- Attending a birth at the mother’s request
- Visiting the home of someone who is dying
- Fulfilling a legal obligation
- There for a work purpose or voluntary or charitable services
- Providing education or training
- A registered childcare provider
- Providing emergency assistance
- There to enable someone to avoid injury or illness or to escape risk or harm
- Facilitating a house move
- Providing care or assistance to a vulnerable person
- Providing childcare on an “informal” basis to children under the age of 14 to allow parents to work provided this is a consistent arrangement and the informal carers aren’t looking after any other children
- A child of parents who are separated moving between households to see both parents
What about outdoors?
If you choose to meet other households outdoors (including in gardens) you must not gather in a group of more than six and must stay two metres apart.
Do the national restrictions still apply in Stockton-on-Tees?
All residents must also keep to the national guidelines.
Here you can download a useful summary of the local and national rules in Stockton-on-Tees.
You can also read more details about the restrictions and how they affect you by downloading this Frequently Asked Questions leaflet.