COVID-19 rates in Stockton-on-Tees are very high so the Government has named it, along with the rest of the North East, an Enhanced Response Area. Find out more on our Enhanced Response Area page.
For general Coronavirus information including disruptions to Council services or how to book a COVID-19 test visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus.
We believe that by building strong, proactive and creative community networks we can work together to tackle poverty, isolation and loneliness.
The Communities Strategy outlines our plans to achieve these aims, whilst the Community Partnerships are your chance to help deliver them.
In the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees, we are proud that even during the most difficult of times community cohesion is strong, and there is a real desire and commitment amongst our communities to be part of the delivery of our new Communities Strategy.
The Community Partnerships give you the ability to get involved in your local area and make a difference. There are seven partnerships, one for each of the communities within the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees, and each partnership is made up of many different people from across the community. These groups then work to identify and tackle the individual issues in the area relating to poverty, isolation and loneliness to make the community an even better place to live.
Each of the seven communities within the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees have their own Community Partnership:
- Billingham Communities – Billingham Central, Billingham East, Billingham North, Billingham South, Billingham West
- Ingleby Barwick Communities – Ingleby Barwick East, Ingleby Barwick West
- Norton Communities – Norton North, Norton South, Norton West
- Stockton West Communities – Grangefield, Bishopsgarth & Elmtree, Fairfield, Hartburn
- Stockton Central Communities – Hardwick & Salters Lane, Newtown, Parkfield & Oxbridge, Roseworth, Stockton Town Centre
- Thornaby Communities – Mandale & Victoria, Stainsby Hill, Village
- Yarm, Eaglescliffe and Parishes Communities – Eaglescliffe, Yarm, Western Parishes, Northern Parishes
Each partnership is made up of members of the VCSE community, faith groups, community activist, young people from the Borough-wide Bright Minds Big Futures, and many more.
The groups also include representatives from partnerships such as The Infinity Partnership and Housing, Neighbourhood and Affordable Warmth. The Infinity Partnership aims to ensure that everyone in the Borough has the opportunity to access and use the financial services they need to avoid or overcome disadvantage or poverty caused by financial exclusion, whilst Housing, Neighbourhood and Affordable Warmth supports access to good quality affordable housing in safe and sustainable neighbourhoods, where affordable warmth is increasingly available to all.
Despite the challenges faced during the pandemic, these partnerships have continued to work hard to support and improve the lives of our residents across the Borough. They work to facilitate community involvement and to develop, drive and co-ordinate a community plan for their area.
Community Partnerships meeting dates
The seven Partnerships meet on a regular basis to co-ordinate activity in their communities. The Community Partnerships also meet collectively four times a year to share best practice and explore areas for co-operation across the Borough.
By combining all of our efforts we know we can make the Borough a great place to live and work, and we want you to join us!
All the Partnerships are supported by the Council’s Community Engagement Team. If you’d like to get involved or learn more then please contact us on 01642 528830 or email [email protected]
You can also find the Partnerships on Facebook so like, comment, follow or share to support your Community Partnership:
- Billingham Communities: @BillinghamCo
- Ingleby Barwick Communities: @InglebyBarwickCo
- Norton Communities: @NortonCo
- Stockton Central Communities: @StocktonCentralCo
- Stockton West Communities: @StocktonWestCo
- Thornaby Communities: @ThornabyCo
- Yarm, Eaglescliffe and Parishes Communities: @YarmParishesCo