The Government has announced 'Local COVID alert level: high' restrictions for Stockton-on-Tees.
For further information about the rules and disruptions to Council services visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus.
The new Communities Strategy is a vital part of the overall plan for the Borough as it sets out our vision and hopes for our communities and specifically that they will:
- Be Cohesive, strong and welcoming
- Join us in the task of tackling poverty across the Borough
- Join us in the task of ensuring that people across the Borough are not lonely
The seven communities will be supported by seven Community Partnerships. The Community Partnerships will be made up of members of the community, Councillors, voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations, young people from the Borough-wide “Bright Minds Big Futures” initiative and faith group representatives. They will work to facilitate community involvement and to develop, drive and co-ordinate a community plan for their area.
The Borough of Stockton on Tees has seven communities:
- Billingham Communities – Billingham Central, Billingham East, Billingham North, Billingham South, Billingham West
- Ingleby Barwick Communities – Ingleby Barwick East, Ingleby Barwick West
- Norton Communities – Norton North, Norton South, Norton West
- Stockton West Communities – Grangefield, Bishopsgarth & Elmtree, Fairfield, Hartburn
- Stockton Central Communities – Hardwick & Salters Lane, Newtown, Parkfield & Oxbridge, Roseworth, Stockton Town Centre
- Thornaby Communities – Mandale & Victoria, Stainsby Hill, Village
- Yarm, Eaglescliffe and Parishes Communities – Eaglescliffe, Yarm, Western Parishes, Northern Parishes
Community Partnerships meeting dates
The seven Partnerships will meet on a regular basis to co-ordinate activity in their communities. The Community Partnerships will also meet collectively four times a year to share best practice and explore areas for co-operation across the Borough. All the Partnerships are supported by the Council’s Community Engagement Team. If you’d like to get involved or learn more then please contact us on 01642 528830 or email [email protected].
You can also find the Partnerships on Facebook:
- Billingham Communities: @BillinghamCo
- Ingleby Barwick Communities: @InglebyBarwickCo
- Norton Communities: @NortonCo
- Stockton Central Communities: @StocktonCentralCo
- Stockton West Communities: @StocktonWestCo
- Thornaby Communities: @ThornabyCo
- Yarm, Eaglescliffe and Parishes Communities: @YarmParishesCo