Help and Support (Early Help)

Coloured lettering being held up which spells out support

For the latest Coronavirus updates and information including advice and support for residents and businesses visit

To find out how to get a Coronavirus test visit

You Can, We'll Help

Our Help and Support services are here to support you with any concerns about your child or children, your family or home circumstances. It can be around behaviour, family relationships, problems at school, budgets/debt, children's routines or other difficulties you are experiencing.

Support for the whole family

If one person in the family has a problem, this may be a child, young person or adult, this can affect the whole family. If all the family is supported, it's more likely that things will improve.

Please contact us to see if we can help.

Stockton-on-Tees has a dedicated team to help and support professionals and families through the Early Help process. 

Please email us: [email protected]

Call us on: 01642 524188 or 01642 526123


Family Solutions Team 

A team of Family Workers who work directly with families, children and young people to support them with single or multiple issues from housing, debt management, behaviour, routines, boundaries, relationship difficulties and much more. Families can access this service by speaking with any professional they are working with, who can then make a referral on your behalf. 

Family Group Conference

A Family Group Conference (FGC) is a family-led meeting in which a child's wider family network comes together to make a plan about the future arrangements for the child. The family plan will ensure that the child is safe and their wellbeing is promoted. FGCs utilise a family's own skills, strengths and personal knowledge of their family situation to resolve difficulties. 


Our process

This process applies to all professionals working with, or coming into contact with, all children, young people and families.

  • Fraser Guidelines
    This form enables professionals to assess a child's competency to consent.


Our forms

  • Early Help Involvement - Full Form
    This form requires consent, and consent must be obtained from a parent/carer and/or a Fraser competent young person before completing the form.
  • SAFER Referral (Child Protection website)                                                                                          
    A SAFER Referral is required for those children that are at risk of significant harm.





Can't find it

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction