How to report anti-social behaviour

A community safety officer on duty in a street

For the latest Coronavirus updates and information including advice and support for residents and businesses visit

To find out how to get a Coronavirus test visit

We will not tolerate anti-social and offensive behaviour of any kind. If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour in your area, contact the Civic Enforcement Service or in an emergency contact the police.


Contact the Civic Enforcement Service 

You can contact us on 01642 607943 or by email at [email protected]

Your concerns will be passed onto a dedicated officer for that area who will be able to offer advice and information, and take action where necessary.

If you suspect the sales of age-restricted items that are often linked to anti-social behaviour, please report the incident via our online form.


Other ways to report incidents 

  • Contact any Council or Thirteen Homes reception point
  • Contact Stockton’s Citizens Advice Bureau on 01642 633877
  • Contact the Police on 01642 326326 or visit any Police Station (in an emergency ring 999)
  • Contact Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111


What we can do about anti-social behaviour

Our Civic Enforcement Team can take a number of actions to reduce the level of anti-social behaviour:

  • Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs)
  • Anti-Social Behaviour Injunctions (ASBIs) and Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBOs)
  • Injunctions
  • Notice of Intention to Seek Possession (NOSP)
  • Evictions


Reporting Hate Crime or Offensive Incidents

You can report any offensive incident or hate crime that you have suffered, or witnessed on behalf of someone else. The different types of offensive incidents or hate crime can also include damage, assault, verbal abuse and harassment even if you do not want us to take any further action. The guide lines that we follow is that:

An offensive incident is any incident which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be the result of hate or prejudice, as a result of the victim's gender, race, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation. Please be assured that all information received will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.

If you are the victim of hate crime or know someone who is you can report it using the following online form.

Report a Hate Crime


Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review

An Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review gives victims of Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) the opportunity to request a review of their case and bring agencies together to look at a united, problem-solving approach to find a solution.

If you would like to make an application to activate an Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review,  please complete and submit the online application form. Individuals from different households will need to each complete an application form indicating that it is a group application on the forms that can then be sent collectively.

The Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review will only activate where:

  • An application is made
  • There is a qualifying complaint
  • The locally defined threshold has been met.

For further detail on this please refer to the procedure that is also available to download below.

The Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review can also be used by any person on behalf of a victim, for example a family member, friend, carer, councillor, Member of Parliament or other professional person. However, the victim’s consent should be sought by the person using the Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review on their behalf. 

View the Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review Procedure for more information.

Request an Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review

Please note the Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review is not a complaints process. If you are unhappy with the service you have received from an agency please use the internal complaints procedure of the agency in question.

  • For more information on how to make a complaint to Cleveland Police, please call 101 or alternatively you can visit the Cleveland Police website.
  • To make a complaint to your Housing provider please contact the relevant Landlord or Housing Association direct.


Show Racism the Red Card

Show Racism the Red Card is the UK's leading anti-racism educational charity, they provide educational workshops, training sessions, multimedia packages, and a whole host of other resources, all with the purpose of tackling racism in society. Established in January 1996, the organisation utilises the high-profile status of football and football players to publicise its message. Across the UK and locally, Show Racism the Red Card delivers training and awareness to more than 50,000 individuals per year. 

Visit The Red Card website for further information. 

Arcc is a consortium consisting of agencies from the public, private and third sectors in the North East, including Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council. They aim to provide a positive future for both participants and the communities in which we live. 

Visit the Arcc website for further information or telephone: 01642 233730.

Can't find it

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction