A national lockdown is in place which means you must stay at home.
For information about the rules, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Nominations for the 2020/21 Civic Awards are now open. The awards honour local people and organisations or businesses that have made a real difference to our community and officially recognise the achievements that have been made.
2020 is an unprecedented year, with many individuals, groups and businesses who have gone above and beyond to help people in our community during the coronavirus pandemic. It would therefore be great to recognise these contributions in this year’s Civic Awards scheme.
The award categories are:
- Young Person Award - This award recognises young person’s up to the age of 18 who deserve special appreciation for the unique and valuable contribution they have made to the borough, or to other young people in the borough of Stockton.
- Service to Community Award for individuals - This award recognises individuals who have achieved something particularly noteworthy within the borough of Stockton or enhanced the reputation of the borough on a national scale.
- Service to Community Award for groups and organisations - This award recognises groups and organisations who have achieved something particularly noteworthy within the borough of Stockton or enhanced the reputation of the borough on a national scale.
- Service to Community Award for businesses - This award recognises businesses who have created a substantial number of jobs, nurtured and promoted the skills of local residents or significantly invested in making the borough of Stockton a great place to live, work and do business in.
- Health and Well-being Award - This award recognises an individual or group that has made a significant contribution to the health and well-being of those living or working within the borough of Stockton.
- Green Award - This award recognises an individual or group that has made a significant contribution to the conservation and protection of the natural environment of the borough of Stockton.
- Carer/Foster Carer Award - This award recognises the extraordinary dedication of an individual or couple, who has provided a loving and supportive family life to a child, or sibling group who do not live with their birth family.
If you know of someone, a business, or a organisation/group that has gone the extra mile in any of the above areas, then please submit a nomination.
You can make your nomination by completing the form below.
The deadline for submitting nominations is Friday 29 January 2021. Please send in your nominations as soon as possible, rather than leaving it to the last minute.
Civic Award Winners for 2019/20
The latest winners for 2019/20 received their awards in June 2020:
|Young Person Award (aged up to 18 years old)|
|Service to the Community Award (Individuals)|
|Joint Winners:||Rob Harbron|
|Ann and Len Jewett|
|Service to the Community Award (Groups & Organisations)|
|Joint Winners:||Let’s Take Action Group|
|Service to the Community Award (Business)|
|Health & Wellbeing Award|
|Winner:||Julie Welford, The White House|
|Joint Winners:||Cultivate Tees Valley & Bright Minds Big Futures Partnership|
|The Ranger Volunteers at Preston Park|
|Carer/Foster Carer Award|
|Winner:||Linda and John Atkinson|