There are a number of disruptions to Council services because of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check the link below before accessing any of our services.
For details of disruptions and for advice and guidance visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you want to carry out research within or on behalf of Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council you need to get approval.
There are national approval processes in place for children’s and adults’ services:
- The Association of Directors of Children’s Services (ADCS) Research Group considers applications for the approval of research which seeks to involve local authority children’s services departments.
- The Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS) Research Group considers applications for the approval of research which seeks to involve local authority adults’ services departments.
- This Guide provides an introduction to research governance and the current national approval processes for children’s and adults’ services.
If you want to carry out research that does not fall within the scope of the national approval processes for children’s and adults’ services:
- You need to have obtained ethical approval from a competent independent body or sponsor.
- You should submit your application by email to the Information Governance Team at [email protected].
All research must be conducted in accordance with current legal requirements such as the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) (2005) and the Gillick Competency and Fraser Guidelines.
The Department of Health’s Research Governance Framework for Health and Social Care provides guidance on good practice in research within health and social care.