The Government has announced 'Local COVID alert level: high' restrictions for Stockton-on-Tees.

For further information about the rules and disruptions to Council services visit

Tell us about a change of address or a change in your circumstances

If you are planning to move home in the near future or your home circumstances change, it is important you let us know. This will allow us to update our records and ensure that your Council Tax bill is correct.


Change of address

If you are moving home you can use the Change of Address form to report the change, this includes if you are moving into, within or out of the Stockton area. If you are a landlord, you can also use the Change of Address form to report if a tenant moves in or out of your property.

If you are buying a property but are not moving in, please use the change of circumstances form below to inform us of the purchase. Please do not use the change of address form to report this.

Before completing the on-line form you will need the following:

  • Council Tax Account Number (If you previously paid for Council Tax in the Stockton Borough).
  • Owned Property - Date sale was completed and name of new owner.
  • Rented Property

    • If you are the tenant, we will need your landlord’s name, address and contact number.

    • If you are the landlord, we will need your tenant’s name, previous or forwarding address and the names of any other people aged 18 or over who live with the tenant.
  • Please do NOT tell us about a change of address more than 14 days before you are due to move.

If you are moving to or within the Stockton Borough area you can also share information about your move with other Stockton Council services if you would like to.

 Tell us about a change of address


Change of circumstances

You should tell us if your home circumstances change as this may affect your Council Tax liability. Changes that you should tell us about include:

  • If you get married
  • When a young person who lives in your home turns 18
  • You are no longer entitled to a discount (such as a student discount)
  • You are buying a property but are not moving in.

If someone moves into or out of your home please complete the Change of Address form

Tell Council Tax about a change in your circumstances

Can't find it

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction