Budding entrepreneurs will be testing their trade at Stockton Young Traders Market this Saturday (18 May).
The free specialist market gives people aged 11 to 25 the chance to develop their skills and confidence, sell specialist products, and experience being their own boss.
Stallholders will trade on Stockton High Street from 10am to 4pm where they will be selling everything from homemade baked goods to artwork and jewellery. The vendors confirmed include:
- SKF Arts – handmade cards, knitted and crocheted baby clothes and toys, and Fimo clay mini creations
- S&J Crafty Allsorts – pebble art
- Ktizo Crafts – locally produced artwork and gifts
- Macy’s Creations – fairy-tale themed jewellery and clay modelled figures
- King Cookie – King Edwin’s School healthy cakes and bakes
- Crisp Creations – gluten-free baked goodies
- T-Cakes – cakes and tray bakes
The Young Traders Market has been organised by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council’s Business and Enterprise Team, and will run alongside Stockton’s traditional Saturday market.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council’s Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Housing, Councillor Nigel Cooke, said: “Events like Stockton Young Traders Market help to nurture entrepreneurial spirit, give the Borough’s young people a flavour of what it could be like to run their own business, as well as boosting their skills and confidence. Why not show them your support on Saturday by visiting their stalls?”
For more information about Stockton’s Business and Enterprise Team and the advice and support they can offer to anyone who is considering setting up a business in the Borough email [email protected] or call 01642 528384.