RESIDENTS and visitors are being encouraged to head down to Stockton High Street to take in a fantastic array of gifts, goodies and memorabilia on offer at the Retro Market.
The popular market is free to attend and takes place between 10am and 4pm on Saturday 6 May.
Along with showcasing a wide range of throwback gifts and items from the 1950s to the 80s, there’ll also be a chance to enjoy some sweet treats from the delicious retro diner and sample the sounds of the era thanks to solo singer Frankie Heart.
There’ll also be a small display of vintage cars presented by exhibitors from the Council’s Fire Engine and Vintage Vehicle Show parked outside of the marquee on Stockton High Street.
Councillor Nigel Cooke, Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council’s Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Housing, said: “The Retro Market is always a fun blast from the past and there’s plenty on offer to suit the tastes and interests of the whole family.
“We have a brilliant mix of traders confirmed for the market, including Peaches and Dandy offering vintage-themed homeware and Scarf Pixie selling Fairtrade clothing from Nepal along with many others.
“The refreshments and entertainment are set to be first class as well so I’d encourage everyone to come down to the High Street and enjoy a fun family day out in Stockton.”
The confirmed list of traders, to date, is as follows:
- Lemons and Lavender – bath oils and aromatherapy
- Tinker Harley Emporium – retro sci-fi memorabilia
- Sub Zero Comics – retro comic books
- Gemstone Wishes – gemstone jewellery
- Scarf Pixie – Fairtrade clothing from Nepal
- Game On Retro – retro games
- Victorian Sweet Kitchen – vintage and retro-themed sweets including Newbo Creams
- Louise Lewis Events – retro and vintage-themed cards and stationery
- Earls Fine Foods – toffee and brittle
- S&S Gifts – dream catchers and retro crockery
- Peaches and Dandy – vintage-themed homeware
- North East Die Cast Models - retro die cast models
- Pippa’s Teas – loose leaf flavoured tea
- The Fudge Boutique – handmade flavoured fudge
- The Gingerbread Mam – gingerbread gifts
- Amphora – retro antiques, clothing and gifts
- Disgraceland Vintage – retro and vintage clothing
- D&M Collectables – retro antiques and homeware
- Sand Art with Judith – sand art activity for kids and craft kits
- Bluey & The Crow – handmade shower caps
- Stateside Treat Emporium – flavoured chocolate
- Ritziragz – wreaths and homeware made from upcycled clothing
- Carolyn’s Creations – homeware and gifts
- Homecut Designs – homeware and gifts
- Delightful Aromas – bath bombs
- The Three Brothers – hand-crafted beers with retro names
- NA Collectables – retro antiques and homeware
- Panico Collectables – retro and vintage antiques
The event is free of charge to attend and free parking for one hour is available in all Town Centre short stay, off-street car parks.
For more information, visit www.stockton.gov.uk/events