THE POPULAR Chic Vintique market is set to return to Stockton Town Centre this Saturday (8 April), offering vintage clothing, collectibles and more.
40 traders will descend onto the High Street selling everything from quirky vintage items to quality gifts and there’ll also be a wide range of delicious food and drink on offer, topped off by some fantastic entertainment.
Among the dozens of traders selling at the market are newcomers Chintzy Cakes, who will make their first appearance at Chic Vintique with their sweet treats from cupcakes to Victoria sponges, brownies to scones and everything in between.
Swing trio Pocket Orchestra will also be in attendance, delighting the crowds with a variety of music including pop, dance, rock and jazz.
Councillor Nigel Cooke, Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council’s Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Transport, said: “Chic Vintique is an increasingly popular part of our specialist markets programme that continues to bring in a great number of visitors into Stockton Town Centre from across the Borough and from further afield.
“The markets always create a good atmosphere across the town centre and I’m looking forward to seeing groups of families and friends out in force again, enjoying all that is on offer. I’d encourage anyone who has enjoyed Chic Vintique before or people considering coming down for the first time to get themselves along and see what’s new!”
The event takes place between 10am and 4pm and is free to attend.
A sample of the traders selling on the day:
- Pink Flamingo Retro – a regular at Chic Vintique selling a stunning range of 40s and 50s style clothing including skirts and dresses
- Earls Fine Foods – a delicious range of toffee and brittle
- Sweet & Dandy Candy – a newcomer to Chic Vintique selling handmade chocolate, sweet cones and many more tasty treats
- Stands Up Front – handmade Alice in Wonderland themed homeware including lamps and teacups
- Hartisan Design – another new trader offering handmade and shabby chic furnishings
Parking is free for the first 60 minutes in all of the Council’s short stay, off-street car parks and then is just £1 for the next two hours and a £1 per hour after that, with no maximum stay.
For more information about everything on offer at Chic Vintique, visit www.stockton.gov.uk/events