A national lockdown is in place which means you must stay at home.
For information about the rules, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Lead Practitioner Literacy (Secondary)
Vision Academy Learning Trust
£47,735 - £52,723 per annum
Permanent contract required from 1 September 2021
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
23/24/25 March 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and inspirational Teacher who is seeking a new challenge and wished to join a dynamic and supportive MAT. The Vision Academy Learning Trust was established in 2016 and currently consists of three secondary schools, 5 primary schools and a teaching school.
We seek to appoint an outstanding and proven Teacher who has high aspirations, drive and the enthusiasm and commitment to lead the secondary school improvement activities relating to literacy across the Trust as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success, progress measures and Ofsted judgement. We strive to have outstanding student and subject progress with the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, believe passionately that every student, regardless of background can make excellent academic and personal progress and succeed.
The Secondary Lead Practitioner Literacy will be responsible for developing a Trust literacy vision and expectations; together with a Trust improvement and implementation plan that supports a literacy rich curriculum, delivers teaching and learning improvement activities that drive improved literacy levels.
The Lead Practitioner Literacy will work with the Director of School Improvement and the School Improvement team to take the strategic lead for implementing the Trust School Improvement plan in specific schools. This will include deployment in key schools to ensure progress is rapid and secured.
The key purpose of the Lead Practitioner for Literacy is to:
- Effect literacy improvement in the Trust secondary schools, with a focus on embedding disciplinary literacy within the curriculum.
- Lead on the review and design of literacy curriculum provision
- Monitor and quality assure literacy standards and provision within departments across the 3 secondary schools within the Trust
- Develop literacy resources for Key Stage 3 and 4 to ensure effective literacy practice is embedded into teaching and learning practice.
- Develop a Trust literacy policy that embeds high quality delivery of subject specific and learning vocabulary, oracy, reading and writing in all subjects.
- Lead the coordination of literacy improvement strategies and intervention programmes with a particular focus on students with literacy barriers and disadvantaged students (Lower Ability, SEN and PP) that improve standards of student literacy skills, curriculum access and outcomes.
- Play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of literacy within subjects with high literacy content, ensuring high standards of teaching, learning and achievement.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an outstanding Teacher and able to demonstrate proven and successful English and literacy innovation in their role
- Possess outstanding knowledge of English and literacy education
- Have a proven ability to raise standards with a strong and secure knowledge of proven and sustained literacy improvement strategies.
- Have an excellent ability to think and plan strategically and creatively to ensure improvements.
- Have an exceptional understanding of all literacy data; ability to analyse forensically and use analysis to inform improvement planning.
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.valt.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter by 12 noon on the closing date to:
Mr S White, CEO, C/O Trust HR Officer, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton on Tees. TS16 0LA or email to : [email protected]