A national lockdown is in place which means you must stay at home.
For information about the rules, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Sports Coach Apprentices
£124.5 - £124.5 Weekly
£124.50 per week
6 Posts, temporary for 15 -18 months
30 hours per week (Monday to Sunday on a 3 -week shift pattern)
We are committed to safeguarding and therefore the role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We have successfully worked with Coach Core and the Lifetime Training Group Limited since 2016 to deliver a Community Activator Coach Intermediate apprenticeship level scheme. At Tees Active, we have been supporting young people to take their first steps into the exciting world of leisure.
A high number of our apprentices go on to secure employment with us once their apprenticeship has finished, which highlights our commitment to nurturing talented young people at the beginning of their journey.
If you are successful with your application, your role will involve:
- Helping to inspire your community to develop and lead a healthy, active lifestyle
- Shadowing experienced and highly skilled professionals who will guide and mentor you to make the most out of your time with us.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of sessions, taking the lead with small groups as directed
- Assisting with the reporting of participant progress and development
- Maintaining the health and safety of sessions/activities at all times
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with other Coach Core apprentices, to help improve coaching delivery and lifeguarding skills
- excellent customer service skills
You must be able to swim and shortlisted candidates will undertake a swim fitness test.
Successful applicants will also undertake a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification which will enable them to work as part of a team of Lifeguards monitoring the pool area and providing trained assistance to users in difficulty including when necessary administering first aid.
You must be enthusiastic about wanting to work within the sport and physical activity sector, be able to meet the basic fitness criteria to fulfil the demands of undertaking the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification including a swim test and regular mandatory lifeguard training.
You will also be committed to inspiring others to be more physically active. No prior coaching experience is required, but a willingness to learn, develop and challenge yourself is essential.
- Possess a passion for physical activity and healthy lifestyles
- have good communication skills
- Be organised and able to work effectively in teams and as an individual
- Maintain a professional approach to work at all times
- Be able to relate well to, motivate, and encourage others being conscious of being a positive role model at all times
- Have an enthusiastic attitude to life and work
- Have the ability to make learning and work fun
You must be committed to completing your apprenticeship
This programme may lead to possible progression into full and part time coaching roles, further qualifications, Level 3 apprenticeships and employment in within the leisure sector.
If you would like to chat about this role please contact Roy Broadbent, Area Operations Manager, [email protected] - Mobile 07917 087334 or Dee Carty-Burland, HR Manager, [email protected] - Mobile 07917 587666.
To be part of our successful team please download an application via www.teesactive.co.uk/career-opportunities
Completed applications should be returned to [email protected] or by post to: HR Team, 3rd Floor, Redheugh House, 3rd Floor, Thornaby Place, Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6SG by 12 noon on the closing date.
C.V.s will not be considered.
If we have not contacted you within 6 weeks of the closing date, we would thank you for your interest in the vacancy but on this occasion your application will not be progressed.