There are a number of disruptions to Council services because of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check the link below before accessing any of our services.
For details of disruptions and for advice and guidance visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Chandlers Ridge Academy. Vision Academy Learning Trust.
£15,238 - £15,543 per annum
Grade E (SCP 5 - 6)
30 hours per week, Whole Time
Chandlers Ridge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
w/c 21st September 2020
Chandlers Ridge Academy is a successful primary school based in Nunthorpe, Middlesbrough. We strive to ensure that our school environment is attractive, welcoming, safe, secure and conducive to learning. The school environment is of real importance and its maintenance and development is the concern of all involved in the school with both children and staff encouraged to take a pride in their surroundings.
Chandlers Ridge Academy is looking for an enthusiastic, able and experienced Caretaker to lead improvements and maintain standards in site security, maintenance, health and safety and cleanliness. The role is working 30 hours per week, from 7-10am and 3.30-6.30 Monday to Friday.
The main requirements of the post are outlined below:
- To carry out first line repairs and maintenance.
- To undertake general portage duties.
- To be a named key holder, responsible for routine and non routine opening and security of buildings and grounds.
- To ensure the school premises are safe and in good order and all Health and Safety rules are adhered to at all times.
- To liaise with and supervise contractors undertaking on site repairs and maintenance.
- To ensure that school grounds are maintained appropriately.
- To undertake daily cleaning duties including toilets as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of security systems and Health & Safety requirements, ideally with relevant health and safety and COSHH qualifications
- Experience of the care and maintenance of premises including security and cleaning methods and standards
-Good DIY skills and experience to the level of a semi skilled craftsperson in site related skills eg carpentry, building, plumbing etc
- The ability to deal with emergencies outside of normal working hours
Please note that experience of working in a school is desirable but not a pre-requisite for this post.
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.chandlersridge.org.uk and send your completed application to: Mrs D Harrison, Trust HR Officer, Vision Academy Learning Trust, C/O Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton on Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: [email protected] by 8.30am on the closing date.