COVID-19 rates in Stockton-on-Tees are very high so the Government has named it, along with the rest of the North East, an Enhanced Response Area. Find out more on our Enhanced Response Area page.
For general Coronavirus information including disruptions to Council services or how to book a COVID-19 test visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus.
The household waste recycling centre at Haverton Hill is managed by Suez Recycling and Waste Recovery for the exclusive use of Stockton and Middlesbrough residents and for household waste only.
Apply for a permit
We have introduced a new way to apply for a permit to take household waste in a van, pick up or trailer to Haverton Hill Recycling Centre.
All you need is a mobile phone, some photo ID and proof of address.
- Text ‘Waste’ to this number 07723 466991.
- Follow the instructions that are sent to you, including following the link to our online booking system to reserve your slot.
- Once complete you can make 12 non-chargeable visits a year by booking a slot using our online booking system.
- Each time you visit the site you will need to take your driving licence (or other photo identification) and proof of Stockton address with you. You will also need to tell us your mobile number used to register.
- Once registration is complete you can also see other waste related information, like opening times and bin collection dates.
- Access to the site remains at the discretion of Site Operatives. You should review the 'site usage guidelines' below ahead of your visit. You can still be refused access even if you have a permit.
The Household Waste Recycling Centre is open at the following times:
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 8am to 7pm
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 8am to 6pm
Please note the site will close at 4pm on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. The site will be closed Christmas Day (25 December), Boxing Day (26 December) and New Year's Day (1 January).
Recyclable waste you can take to the Household Waste Recycling Centre
Materials collected at the site are taken away to be recycled by various contractors, who are specialists in their chosen field. Residents can dispose of the following items at the Household Waste Recycling Centre:
- Food tins and cans
- Hard plastic Books
- Textiles and clothes
- Printer and toner cartridges
- Garden waste
- Plastic bottles
- Hardcore and rubble
- IT equipment
- Electrical items
- Wood and timber
- Mobile phones
- Scrap metal
- Gas bottles
If you are taking any of the following items a charge of £20.00 per permit is required before we can issue. Please call Customer Services on 01642 391959 to arrange. Permits are only valid for 7 days and a refund will not be given for unused permits.
- Brick and Rubble
- Stone and Paving
- Kitchen Units
- Bathroom Suites
Site Usage Guidelines
- You will only be permitted access to the site with a valid slot booking.
- Trade Waste is not accepted and if you are suspected of having trade waste you will be asked to leave regardless of whether you have a permit.
- All vans, pickups and trailers require permission before entering the site, details on how to apply are above.
- If you intend to borrow or hire a van or pickup then you should apply using your home address and if not driving the vehicle accompany the driver to the site.
- We will carry out random proof of resident checks.
- Access to the site remains at the discretion of Site Operatives.
- Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated on site. You will be asked to leave and may face further action.
- The site is not open to commercial vehicles or traders. It is against the law for businesses not to make suitable arrangements with a licensed waste disposal company.