Skip to main content
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council

Big plans for our places and open spaces

Planning Development Services


The principal role of the Planning Development Services team is to determine planning applications.

The service also performs the following statutory functions:

  • Controlling advertisements
  • Protecting Listed buildings, Conservation Areas and trees with Preservation Orders (TPOs)
  • Enforcing against unauthorised development

We aim to provide a planning service which is helpful and accessible to all. A Duty Officer is available every day for general enquiries, however if you would like to speak to a specific Case Officer you must make an appointment as their availability cannot be guaranteed - please contact us with appointment requests.